Monday, December 31, 2012

So This Is How It Ends

Ah, here we are at the end of another year. Normally I would use this opportunity to reflect on the past years achievements and ponder what might come in next one, but not this time. I just don't feel like it. Let me go ahead and back up though and do the weekend recap and you'll see why.

Friday was another great, on task day. I got a few more pieces remade and listed. I even started Saturday morning by finishing up one that I hadn't quite wrapped the day before. I've been making steady enough progress on the crochet afghan that I picked up some more yarn for it as well. I also picked up some new tatting scissors as I have dulled up yet another pair. They are so small and relatively cheap that I never bother sharpening them. It is amazing how happy a new pair of scissors can make me reminding me that I have reached a very odd point in my life. The rest of Saturday I worked on some gift projects and I felt pretty productive.

So Sunday is where things went a bit wrong. The morning was perfectly normal. I finished one gift and started another. We even managed to take down all the Christmas stuff because the cats had been threatening to take it down for us if we didn't get to it soon. I was tired so I sat down for a minute and that is when it started...that sick feeling in my throat. You see the husband has been sick for a week and the rest of us have been unscathed until yesterday when the cold hit like a brick.  Lucky for me all I had planned for the rest of the day was knitting mitts. This pair was knit for the husband, though after he spent much of the day mocking my fall into sickness, he didn't really deserve them.

So that brings us to this morning where I just don't feel up to reflection nor looking ahead. In fact I kinda feel like going back to bed, but we all know that's not going to happen. I do hope that everyone out there had a good year and I wish a prosperous new one to you all as well. Maybe in the coming days I'll get some reflection and prediction in, but for now I'll just be thankful that it's just a cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your year is ending on a down note. My whole year has pretty much been like that but the way I see it, for next year the only way is up. Bright blessings and many wishes for health, happiness, and productivity :) to you and your family for 2013.